- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dierbergs olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- ½ cup spiced rum
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 rib bone-in pork loin roast (about 3½ to 4 pounds), chine bone removed
Season roast with salt and pepper. Place roast bone-side down in shallow roasting pan. Roast in 350°F. oven 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook stirring often until onion wilts, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in preserves, rum, and nutmeg; bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
Reserve ½ cup of the Glaze for basting pork; stir apricots and parsley into remaining Glaze to serve with roast.
Add 1 cup water to roasting pan. Brush some of the reserved Glaze over roast; roast basing occasionally with Glaze until internal temperature is 145°F., about 15 to 30 minutes.
Place roast on cutting board; cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing between bones. Serve with warmed apricot mixture.
Serving Size: Per 3-ounce cooked portion
Cholesterol: 50 mg
Fat: 7 g
Sodium: 68 mg
Carbohydrates: 42 g
Protein: 27 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g