- 1 cup quinoa (white, red, black, or combination)
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (12 ounces) shelled edamame, thawed if frozen
- ½ cup snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Diced red bell pepper
Place quinoa in fine mesh strainer. Rinse under cold running water.
In medium saucepan, combine water and quinoa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook stirring frequently until water is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
In medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, edamame, and dill; cook stirring often until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
In 2 cup glass measure, whisk together lemon peel and juice, salt, and pepper. Whisking constantly, add olive oil in slow, steady stream until well mixed.
Divide quinoa among 6 individual serving bowls. Top each bowl with asparagus mixture. Drizzle dressing over tops; sprinkle each with pine nuts and red bell pepper.
Serving Size: Per serving
Cholesterol: 3 mg
Fat: 20 g
Sodium: 12 mg
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g