- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Dierbergs flour
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups peeled and diced potato
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, salt, and pepper; cook stirring often until onion wilts, about 5 minutes.
Add flour; cook stirring constantly for 1 minute. Slowly stir in broth and water; bring to a boil. Add potato; reduce heat and gently simmer until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Stir in scallops, half-and-half, and Old Bay; cook stirring often until scallops are opaque and chowder is thickened, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with parsley.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 48 mg
Fat: 14 g
Sodium: 1080 mg
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Protein: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g