- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil
- 6 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeño, quartered, seeded, deveined, and finely diced
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¾ cup grated sierra cojita cheese (divided)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) peppered bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces and cooked crisp
In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add corn; cook stirring frequently until corn begins to char, about 8 to 10 minutes.
In large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lime juice, cilantro, oregano, and cumin until well mixed. Stir in corn, jalapeño, bell pepper, green onion, red onion, ½ cup of the cheese, salt, and pepper.
Place in serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese and bacon over top.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 33 mg
Fat: 6 g
Sodium: 818 mg
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Protein: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g