- ½ cup Dierbergs butter, softened
- 1 container (4 ounces) Dierbergs blue cheese crumbles
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ cups Dierbergs flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water (if needed)
- 1 large Dierbergs egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup finely chopped Dierbergs walnuts
- 1 jar (8.5 ounces) cranberry chutney
In work bowl of food processor fitted with steel knife blade, combine butter, blue cheese, salt, and pepper; process until combined.
Add flour; pulse just until combined. (Pinch small amount of dough between thumb and finger — if dough does not cling together, add water 1 teaspoon at a time and pulse until combined.)
Place dough on lightly floured surface. Shape dough into disc, then shape into 8-inch log. Brush log with egg mixture; roll in walnuts.
Wrap log tightly in plastic wrap; chill until very firm, at least 1 hour or up to 4 days.
Slice log into, ¼-inch rounds and place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
Bake in 350°F. oven until set and very lightly browned, about 13 to 15 minutes.
Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.
To serve, place dollop of chutney on each Shortbread.
Serving Size: Per appetizer
Cholesterol: 17 mg
Fat: 6 g
Sodium: 185 mg
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: N/A