- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package Dierbergs Fresh Cut Yellow Onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package Dierbergs Fresh Cut Red Bell Pepper
- ½-1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1½ pound ground beef
- 1½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces low sodium beef stock
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounce) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, peppers, and garlic; sauté until tender, about 6 minutes. Add all spices, dried herbs, salt, and tomato paste. Stir mixture to coat vegetables and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
Add beef stock and crushed tomatoes; allow mixture to simmer for 20 minutes. Add beans and bring back to simmer. Serve with desired toppings.