- ¼ cup Dierbergs butter
- 4 cups sliced apples (Jazz, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious)
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup firmly packed Dierbergs brown sugar
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
In large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; cook stirring often until butter just starts to brown, about 5 minutes. (Watch carefully so butter does not burn.)
Add apples and water; cover and cook stirring occasionally until apples are just tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Add brown sugar, dried cranberries, cinnamon, and salt; cook stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook stirring often until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
Serve over pancakes, waffles, or vanilla ice cream.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 20 mg
Fat: 8 g
Sodium: 168 mg
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Protein: <1 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g