- 4 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (about ¾ pound)
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup fig spread
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium ripe pear, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 container (3.5 ounces) goat cheese crumbles
FOR SALAD: In large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, cabbage, celery, and dried cranberries.
FOR VINAIGRETTE: Place jam in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave high until melted, about 30 seconds. Whisk in maple syrup, balsamic glaze, garlic and black pepper until well mixed.
Divide salad mixture among 8 salad plates. Top each with pear slices. Drizzle Vinaigrette over tops and sprinkle with walnuts and goat cheese.
Serving Size: Per serving with 1 tablespoon Vinaigrette
Cholesterol: 4 mg
Fat: 12 g
Sodium: 93 mg
Carbohydrates: 31 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g