- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Ancient Grain Blend (Wild Harvest)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 container (18 ounces) Dierbergs Fresh Cut Butternut Squash
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 bunch chard, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 tablespoons Dierbergs crumbled goat cheese
In 2-cup glass measure, whisk together lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisking constantly, add the ¼ cup walnut oil in slow, steady stream until well mixed; set aside.
In medium saucepan, combine water and grain blend; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer stirring occasionally until water is absorbed, about 35 to 45 minutes. Stir in black-eyed peas and ½ cup of the dressing; cool to room temperature.
In large skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon walnut oil over medium-high heat. Add butternut squash; cook stirring occasionally 3 minutes. Stir in chard; cover and cook until chard is wilted and butternut squash is just tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; uncover and cool to room temperature.
Divide cooked grains among 6 individual serving bowls. Top each bowl with veggie mixture. Drizzle remaining dressing over tops. Sprinkle walnuts and cheese over tops.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Fat: 14 g
Sodium: 368 mg
Carbohydrates: 43 g
Protein: 99 g
Saturated Fat: N/A