- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces each), lightly pounded to even thickness and
- cut in half crosswise
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs canola oil
- 1½ cups apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse brown mustard
- ⅔ cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 3 large tart red apples, cored and cut into ½-inch-thick slices (about 6 cups)
FOR CHICKEN: In shallow dish, combine flour, thyme, salt, and pepper; set 1 tablespoon aside. Coat chicken in remaining flour mixture, shaking off excess.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter; cover to keep warm.
Place skillet with drippings over medium-high heat. Stir in reserved flour mixture. Whisk in cider; cook stirring to scrape browned bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in brown sugar and mustard.
Return chicken along with any accumulated juices to skillet; cook until internal temperature of chicken is 165°F. and sauce is slightly thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
FOR APPLES: In large skillet over medium-high heat, bring cider, honey, and thyme to a simmer. Add apples; simmer until fork-tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 306 mg
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Protein: 26 g
Saturated Fat: N/A