- 1 package bone-in chicken thighs (about 2½ pounds)
- ⅓ cup Dierbergs flour
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dierbergs canola oil
- 1½ cups diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons Dierbergs flour (divided)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 carton (6 ounces) fat-free plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked Dierbergs noodles
Remove and discard skin from chicken.
On sheet of waxed paper, combine the ⅓ cup flour, salt, and pepper. Lightly coat both sides of chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Place chicken on plate and cover to keep warm.
Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook stirring occasionally until onion wilts, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add paprika and 2 tablespoons of the flour; cook stirring constantly until paprika is very fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth; cook stirring often until bubbly and slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes; bring to a simmer.
Add browned chicken, turning chicken over in sauce to coat both sides; cover and simmer until chicken is very tender, about 30 to 35 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer chicken to serving platter.
In small bowl, combine yogurt and remaining tablespoon of flour; stir in 2 tablespoons of the hot tomato mixture. Slowly whisk mixture into skillet, stirring until well mixed.
Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle parsley over top. Serve over hot noodles.
Serving Size: Per Serving without noodles
Cholesterol: 139 mg
Fat: 18 g
Sodium: 664 mg
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Protein: 41 g
Saturated Fat: N/A