- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (about 1½ pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 bag (12 ounces) rainbow salad mix
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onion
- ¼ cup Dierbergs canola oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 to 16 corn tortillas
- Crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
FOR TACOS: Combine broth, taco seasoning, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper and ginger in 4-quart slow cooker. Add chicken; cook until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 hours on low heat setting, or 3 to 4 hours on high heat setting.
FOR RAINBOW SALAD: Place salad mix and green onion in large bowl.
In 2-cup glass measure, whisk together oil, lime juice, cilantro, honey, mustard, and garlic powder until well mixed. Pour over salad; toss until well mixed.
Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours to develop flavors.
TO SERVE: Remove chicken; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Use two forks to shred chicken. Return shredded chicken along with any accumulated juices to slow cooker.
Wrap tortillas in large piece of foil; heat in 350°F. oven until warmed, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Place shredded chicken in center of 2 tortillas stacked on top of each other; top with Rainbow Salad and queso fresco.
Serving Size: Per serving with ¼ cup Rainbow Salad
Cholesterol: 63 mg
Fat: 7 g
Sodium: 281 mg
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 22 g
Saturated Fat: N/A