- 6 tablespoons Dierbergs butter, melted
- 1 package (15.25 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
- 1⅓ cups stout or dark beer (Guinness)
- 2 large Dierbergs eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 tablespoons Dierbergs butter
- ½ cup Dierbergs milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4½ cups Dierbergs powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup roasted and salted shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
FOR CAKE: In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat; set aside to cool slightly.
In large mixer bowl, beat cake mix, melted butter, beer, eggs, and vanilla at low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
Pour batter into 11 x 17-inch jellyroll pan that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. Bake in 350° F. oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
FOR FROSTING: While cake is baking, in medium saucepan, combine butter, milk, and cocoa powder over medium-high heat; cook stirring often until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Gradually stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
Pour Frosting over hot cake, gently spreading to cover top of cake. Sprinkle pistachios over top. Cool completely in pan.
NOTE This recipe was tested with Pillsbury and Betty Crocker devil’s food cake mix.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 51 mg
Fat: 19 g
Sodium: 211 mg
Carbohydrates: 51 g
Protein: 4 g
Saturated Fat: N/A