- 3½ to 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil
- 1 bag (24 ounces) baby Dutch yellow potatoes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped onion
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 3 pounds), halved and each half quartered
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) hard cider
- 2 cartons (8.25 ounces each) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
Season pork ribs with salt and pepper.
In Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; cook ribs in batches until browned, about 10 minutes per side.
Add potatoes, carrot, and onion. Place cabbage on top; season with salt and pepper.
In 2-quart batter bowl, whisk together hard cider, stock, mustard, and seeds. Pour over cabbage, cover, and bake in 325°F. oven until meat is very tender, about 2 hours.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 69 mg
Fat: 8 g
Sodium: 300 mg
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Protein: 24 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g