- 2 oranges
- 2 containers (5 ounces each) arugula
- 1 container (3.5 ounces) Dierbergs crumbled goat cheese
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded romano cheese
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs butter
- ¼ cup firmly packed Dierbergs brown sugar
- 1 bag (6 ounces) shelled roasted and salted pistachios
- 1 package (4 ounces) diced pancetta
- 5 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil
FOR SALAD: Use sharp knife to cut off ends of oranges. Place oranges on flat end. Cut away peel following curve of fruit and removing all white pith. Thinly slice oranges.
In large bowl, combine arugula, reserved pancetta, goat cheese, and romano cheese.
FOR VINAIGRETTE: In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook pancetta stirring often until crisp, about 5 to 8 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove pancetta from pan and drain on paper towel-lined plate. Set drippings in skillet aside.
In small bowl, whisk together orange juice, vinegar, and honey until well mixed. Whisking constantly, add 2 tablespoons of the reserved pancetta drippings and olive oil in slow, steady stream; set aside.
FOR PISTACHIOS: In small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar; stir until melted. Stir in pistachios; cook stirring constantly 4 minutes. Place on plate and cool completely before breaking into pieces.
TO SERVE: Drizzle vinaigrette over top of salad; toss until well mixed. Divide salad mixture among 8 salad plates. Top each with orange slices, avocados, and pistachios.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 51 mg
Fat: 34 g
Sodium: 433 mg
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Protein: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 13 g