- 2 large navel oranges
- 1 large ruby red grapefruit
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 6 ounces (½ of 12-ounce bottle) red grapefruit juice (about ¾ cup)
- ¼ cup Dierbergs sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely diced crystallized ginger
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
FOR SALAD: Use sharp knife to cut off ends of oranges and grapefruit. Place oranges and grapefruit on flat end. Cut away peel following curve of fruit and removing all white pith. Cut oranges and grapefruit crosswise into slices.
On platter or in shallow serving dish, alternate slices of oranges, grapefruit, and pineapple, overlapping slightly.
FOR SYRUP: In small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine grapefruit juice and sugar; bring to a boil. Add ginger; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. (Mixture will be consistency of syrup.) Let stand 15 minutes.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: <1 g
Sodium: 3 mg
Carbohydrates: 33 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: N/A