- 1¾ cups Dierbergs flour
- 2 cups Dierbergs sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large Dierbergs eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup hot water
- ½ cup Dierbergs vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces (½ of 8-ounce package) Dierbergs cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons Dierbergs butter, softened
- 3 cups Dierbergs powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dierbergs milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Decorations: Chopped nuts, chocolate jimmies, or mini chocolate chips
FOR CAKE: In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt.
Make well in center of flour mixture. Add remaining ingredients except Frosting and decorations; stir until well combined.
Pour batter into 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. Bake in 350°F. oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Cool in pan on wire rack to room temperature.
FOR FROSTING: Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave high 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
In large mixer bowl, beat melted chocolate, cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and espresso powder at low speed until well mixed. Add milk and vanilla; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
Spread Frosting over cooled cake. Decorate as desired.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 62 mg
Fat: 23 g
Sodium: 511 mg
Carbohydrates: 88 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: N/A