- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil
- 1½ cups diced onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 8 ounces smoked sausage or andouille, diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Dierbergs diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) Dierbergs tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups white rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups pulled or cubed cooked chicken or turkey
In Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and sage; cook stirring frequently until vegetables soften, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir in smoked sausage; cook stirring occasionally 4 to 5 minutes.
Reduce heat and stir in broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, rice, and bay leaf; cook stirring occasionally until rice is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf.
Stir in chicken until heated through. Ladle into serving bowls.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 23 mg
Fat: 7 g
Sodium: 1110 mg
Carbohydrates: 52 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: N/A