- 4 ears homegrown corn-on-the-cob, tassels and husks removed
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups halved homegrown grape tomatoes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place corn in large pot of boiling water; cook for 2 minutes. With tongs, remove corn from water; set aside to cool slightly.
Return water to a boil. Add green beans; cook until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain well.
Cut kernels from corn with serrated knife and place in large bowl. Add green beans.
In small bowl, stir together shallot, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar until well mixed. Drizzle over vegetables; toss until well mixed.
Add tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper; gently toss until well mixed.
Best served within 24 hours.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 11 mg
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: N/A