- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup diced carrot
- ½ cup diced zucchini
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup fresh asparagus tips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, OR 1 teaspoon dried
In medium saucepan, heat broth over medium heat. Reduce heat to keep broth hot but not boiling.
In second medium saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until butter melts. Add rice; cook stirring constantly 1 minute. Add wine; cook stirring often until wine is absorbed.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add carrot and 1 cup hot broth; cook stirring often until liquid is absorbed. Add 1 cup hot broth; cook stirring often until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
Add zucchini, bell pepper, asparagus, garlic, and remaining broth; cook until rice is tender and very creamy, about 15 minutes. (Total cooking time is about 30 minutes.)
Stir in parmesan and basil. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 16 mg
Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 606 mg
Carbohydrates: 44 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: N/A