- 4 ounces havarti cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 4 slices pepper-crusted bacon, diced and cooked crisp
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced grape tomatoes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced (divided)
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs butter, softened
In medium bowl, combine cheese, bacon, mayonnaise, tomatoes, green onion, and, ½, of the minced garlic. Spread evenly over 2 bread slices. Top with remaining bread to make 2 sandwiches.
In small bowl, combine butter and remaining minced garlic. Spread half of the butter mixture on the top side of each sandwich.
Place sandwiches buttered-side down on preheated grill pan over medium heat. Place large heavy pan on top of sandwiches to compress. Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Remove pan from sandwiches. Spread remaining butter mixture on the top side of each sandwich; turn and place pan back on sandwiches.
Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Serving Size: Per sandwich
Cholesterol: 119 mg
Fat: 45 g
Sodium: 1177 mg
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: N/A