- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 baby cucumber, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Dierbergs Signature crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ⅓ cup dry vermouth
- ⅓ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large Dierbergs egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ pound ground beef
- ⅓ pound ground pork
- ⅓ pound ground lamb
- 4 pita pockets or flatbreads
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
FOR CUCUMBER SAUCE: In small bowl, stir together all Sauce ingredients. Cover and chill several hours or overnight to develop flavors.
FOR BURGERS: In medium bowl, combine vermouth, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, egg, Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Add ground meats; gently stir until well mixed.
Shape into 4 thin oblong patties. Place burgers on oiled grid over medium-high heat; cover and grill until internal temperature is 165°F., about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Place pita pockets on grid; grill until heated through.
TO ASSEMBLE: Place lettuce and tomato in each pocket. Top with burger and Cucumber Sauce.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Fat: 21 g
Sodium: 686 mg
Carbohydrates: 41 g
Protein: 28 g
Saturated Fat: N/A