- ½ cup Dierbergs butter, cut into cubes and softened
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 beef porterhouse or T-bone steak, 1½ inches thick (about 1¾ pounds)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
FOR SHALLOT HERB BUTTER: Combine butter, shallot, garlic, parsley, chives and tarragon in medium mixing bowl; beat with hand mixer at low speed until combined. Place mixture in small bowl, cover, and chill several hours or overnight to develop flavors.
FOR STEAK: Let steak stand at room temperature 30 minutes., Generously season both sides of steaks with salt and pepper.
Place steak on grill over direct heat; cook until well browned about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Move steak to indirect heat positioning steak on grill so smaller tenderloin piece is over coolest part of grill; grill until internal temperature is 145°F. for medium, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into serving-size pieces., Serve with dollop of Shallot Herb Butter.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 152 mg
Fat: 43 g
Sodium: 67 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Protein: 32 g
Saturated Fat: N/A