- 3 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 bag (8 ounces) fresh French green beans
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sliced shallot
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
In large saucepan, combine water, lentils, and garlic; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook stirring occasionally until lentils are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Drain well; place lentils in large bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, lemon peel, and red wine vinegar until well mixed.
Stir in celery, bell pepper, red onion, and herbes de Provence. Let stand 15 minutes to develop flavors. Stir in mint.
Place green beans, cauliflower, and shallot on foil-lined 11 x 17-inch jellyroll pan that has been coated with no-stick cooking spray. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over vegetables and season with salt and pepper; toss until well mixed.
Roast in 400°F. oven until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large grill pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add salmon flesh-side down; cook until golden browned, about 4 minutes.
Turn salmon, season with salt and pepper; cook until internal temperature is 145°F., about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and discard skin from salmon by sliding spatula between skin and flesh.
Mound lentils in center of 4 serving bowls. Top with salmon, roasted vegetables, and cucumber.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 93 mg
Fat: 29 g
Sodium: 117 mg
Carbohydrates: 48 g
Protein: 50 g
Saturated Fat: N/A