- 2 round loaves rye bread (16 ounces each)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon ketchup or chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- ½ pound finely chopped lean corned beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
Invert medium-size bowl on top of bread; use as a guide to cut to within about, ½, inch from bottom and sides of bread. Lift middle portion of bread out to form shell; cut or tear pieces into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
In large microwave-safe bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, onion, ketchup, and mustard until well mixed. Gently stir in corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese.
Microwave high 5 to 6 minutes stirring twice.
Meanwhile, place bread bowl and bread pieces on jellyroll pan. Bake in 350°F. oven to lightly toast bread, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Spoon corned beef mixture into toasted bread bowl.
To serve, place bread bowl on serving platter and surround with toasted bread pieces.
Serving Size: Per ½ cup Dip without bread
Cholesterol: 37 mg
Fat: 10 g
Sodium: 273 mg
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: N/A