- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil
- ¼ pound pepperoni or hard salami, cut into ¼-inch dice
- ¼ pound sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound), rinsed, stemmed, and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 large Dierbergs eggs
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded fontina or provolone cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 container (16 ounces) Dierbergs Kitchens Signature Marinara Sauce
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add pepperoni, mushrooms, and onion; cook stirring often until mushrooms and onion wilt, about 4 minutes. Add kale and garlic; cover and cook stirring occasionally until kale wilts, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Cool to room temperature, or cover and chill overnight.
In large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Stir in pepperoni mixture and fontina.
Pour into 8-inch square glass baking dish that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. Bake in 325°F. oven until internal temperature is 165°F. and center is set, about 40 to 45 minutes.
Sprinkle parmesan over top. Cool in pan on wire rack 20 minutes.
Invert Frittata onto cutting board. Place second cutting board over Frittata; invert so Frittata is right side up. Cut into 16 squares.
In 4-cup glass measure, combine Marinara Sauce and red pepper flakes; cover and microwave high stirring once for 2 minutes.
Spoon ½ cup sauce onto serving platter. Top with Frittata Bites. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
Serving Size: Per 1 appetizer
Cholesterol: 113 mg
Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 392 mg
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: N/A