- 5¼ cups bread flour
- 1 package (¼ ounce) Red Star Platinum Superior Baking Yeast
- 3 tablespoons Dierbergs sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 4 teaspoons coarse salt (divided)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 7 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil (divided)
- 1¾ to 2 cups warm water (105°F. to 115°F.)
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
In large mixer bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar, the 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, 3 teaspoons of the salt, and red pepper flakes; beat at low speed until combined.
With mixer running, gradually add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and water; beat until dough pulls away from sides of bowl, about 5 minutes.
Place dough on lightly floured work surface; knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes.
Coat inside of large bowl with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Place dough in greased bowl, turn dough to coat with oil, cover, and let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 2 to 3 hours.
Punch down dough. Place dough on 11 x 17-inch jellyroll pan that has been coated with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Roll and stretch dough into rectangle. Dimple dough and drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over top.
Let stand until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
Brush remaining tablespoon olive oil over top. Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon salt and the 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning over top.
Bake in 450°F. oven 12 minutes. Rotate pan; bake until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 9 g
Sodium: 642 mg
Carbohydrates: 47 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g