- 1 cup Dierbergs sugar
- 2 tablespoons mixed pickling spice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Salt for Pickling & Preserving
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups 5% acidity apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 3 medium red bell peppers, quartered, seeded, and cut into ½-inch strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 5 medium carrots, halved lengthwise, then quartered
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sliced jalapeño peppers (about ¼ pound)
- Pickle Crisp
In large saucepan, combine sugar, spices, garlic, vinegar, and water over medium-high heat; bring to a boil stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Divide vegetables along with hot liquid among hot pint canning jars, leaving ½-inch head space. Add ⅛ teaspoon Pickle Crisp to each jar. Remove air bubbles, clean jar rims, center lids on jar, and screw on rings.
Place jars in canning rack and lower into simmering water. Water must cover jars by 1 inch. Cover canner and bring water to rolling boil over medium-high heat; process 15 minutes. Turn off heat, remove cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
Remove jars from canner; do not retighten rings if loose. Let stand at room temperature 12 hours. Check seals and tighten rings. Label and store jars at room temperature.
Makes eight 1-pint jars
Serving Size: Nutrition information not available.
Saturated Fat: N/A