- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) unsalted chicken broth
- 1 cup Israeli tri-color pearled couscous
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Lemon slices
In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic; cook stirring often until chicken is no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
Add broth, couscous, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer stirring frequently until couscous is tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Stir in spinach, lemon peel and juice, and mint., Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with lemon slice.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 72 mg
Fat: 6 g
Sodium: 603 mg
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Protein: 32 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g