- 1 box (15.25 to 18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 4 large Dierbergs eggs (divided)
- ½ cup Dierbergs butter, melted
- 1½ teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 box (1 pound) powdered sugar (3¾ cups)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
In large mixer bowl, beat cake mix, 2 of the eggs, butter, and lemon extract at medium speed until well mixed.
Pat into 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been coated with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
In same mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
Set 1 tablespoon of the powdered sugar aside.
Add remaining 2 eggs, lemon peel, and remaining powdered sugar to cream cheese; beat at medium speed until smooth. Pour mixture over batter in pan.
Bake in 350°F. oven until center of cake is set, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Cool in pan on wire rack before cutting into squares. Dust with reserved 1 tablespoon powdered sugar.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 52 mg
Fat: 10 g
Sodium: 191 mg
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: N/A