- 4 ears homegrown corn-on-the-cob, tassels and husks removed
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil
- 2 strips thick-sliced bacon, diced and cooked crisp reserving 2 tablespoons drippings
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalapeño
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- ½ cup fresh or frozen shelled edamame, thawed if frozen
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon Dierbergs sugar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Brush corn with olive oil. Place on grid over medium-high heat; cover and grill turning occasionally until lightly charred, about 5 minutes.
Let corn stand until cool enough to handle. Cut kernels from corn with serrated knife; set aside.
In large skillet, heat reserved bacon drippings over medium heat.
Add bell pepper, green onions, and jalapeño; cook stirring frequently until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic; cook stirring frequently 1 minute. Add sherry; cook stirring to scrape browned bits from bottom of pan until evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Add corn, edamame, cream, and sugar; simmer until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle cooked bacon over top.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 31 mg
Fat: 16 g
Sodium: 161 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: N/A