- 1 pound Dierbergs lean ground beef
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cans (11.5 ounces each) reduced-sodium vegetable juice (V-8)
- 1 can (6 ounces) Dierbergs tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta (2½ cups), cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup Dierbergs provel cheese ropes
Heat large Dutch oven or saucepan over medium-high heat.
Crumble ground beef into pan; add onion and cook stirring occasionally until meat is browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain off any fat.
Add vegetable juice, tomato paste, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper, and cooked pasta; cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS: Turn 6-quart Instant Pot® (IP) to sauté and allow to heat until display reads HOT. Add 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil to IP. Crumble beef into IP; cook stirring often until meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off any fat.
Add remaining ingredients except cheese to IP. Place lid on top and close making sure vent is in SEALED position. Press OFF button to cancel sauté function. Press PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL button and check to be sure pressure is set to HIGH PRESSURE. Adjust time to 6 minutes.
When IP beeps, allow to Natural Pressure Release (NPR) for at least 5 minutes. Carefully open vent. Stir in cheese.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 62 mg
Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 571 mg
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Protein: 26 g
Saturated Fat: N/A