- 8 slices (½ inch thick) Dierbergs Bakehouse Hearth Bread
- Olive oil no-stick cooking spray
- 2 pounds homegrown heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- ⅓ cup slivered red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Lightly coat bread slices with cooking spray. Place on oiled grid over medium-high heat; grill until lightly charred, about 1 minute per side. Cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups).
In large serving bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, and basil.
In small bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, and salt. Whisking vigorously, add olive oil in slow, steady stream until well blended. Drizzle over tomato mixture; gently toss until well mixed. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
Just before serving, add grilled bread to tomato mixture; gently toss until well mixed. Season with pepper. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Fat: 10 g
Sodium: 421 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: N/A