- 8 ounces (½ of 16-ounce package) Dierbergs spaghetti
- 1 package (4 ounces) chopped pancetta
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (optional)
- 2 pasteurized eggs
- ½ cup Dierbergs Signature grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Additional freshly ground black pepper
- Additional Italian parsley
- Additional grated parmesan
Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain reserving ½ cup pasta water; keep pasta warm.
In large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat stirring often until crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon; drain well on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
In same skillet, cook onion in reserved drippings stirring frequently until onion wilts, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook stirring often 1 minute. Stir in wine and pancetta. Add cooked pasta; toss until well coated. Remove skillet from heat.
In small bowl, beat eggs; gradually beat in reserved pasta water. Pour over pasta tossing quickly to prevent eggs from cooking.
Add parmesan, chopped parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg; toss until well mixed.
Place in large serving bowl; garnish with additional pepper, chopped parsley, and parmesan sprinkled over top.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 122 mg
Fat: 20 g
Sodium: 490 mg
Carbohydrates: 44 g
Protein: 22 g
Saturated Fat: N/A