- 1 rib end boneless pork loin roast (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs canola oil
- 1 carton (32 ounces) unsalted chicken stock (divided)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) white or yellow hominy, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) Dierbergs tomato sauce
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1½ teaspoons ancho chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Chopped cilantro, thinly sliced radishes, shredded lettuce, and lime wedges
Cut pork into 4 pieces. In Dutch oven or heavy stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
Add 2½ cups of the stock; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove pork; set aside to cool slightly.
Add onion and garlic to Dutch oven; cook over medium-high heat stirring often 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining stock, water, hominy, tomato sauce, and green chiles; bring to a boil.
Use two forks to shred pork into bite-size pieces; add to soup along with chili powder, cumin, and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally 25 to 30 minutes.
Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with chopped cilantro, radish slices, and shredded lettuce over top. Squeeze lime wedge over each bowl.
Prepare recipe as directed omitting boneless pork loin roast and canola oil. Just before serving, stir 2 cups diced cooked turkey into soup until heated through.
Serving Size: Per Serving without toppings
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Fat: 9 g
Sodium: 507 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g