- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs olive oil
- 1 cup chopped, peeled Yukon gold potato
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 ounces (2 cups) grated gruyére cheese (divided)
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices rustic bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Fresh nutmeg
- Chopped fresh sage
In medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add potato, onion, and garlic; cook stirring frequently 3 minutes.
Add wine and sage leaves; cook stirring often until wine evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth and pie spice.
Reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove and discard sage leaves. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese until melted.
Use immersion blender to purée bisque until smooth.
Stir in pumpkin, half-and-half, and salt and pepper; simmer stirring often until heated through.
Arrange bread cubes on baking sheet; broil 6 inches from heat source until toasted. Divide remaining cheese among bread cubes; broil until cheese melts and is golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes.
Ladle bisque into serving bowls. Top with grated nutmeg and sage. Serve bisque with croutons.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 84 mg
Fat: 33 g
Sodium: 1109 mg
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Protein: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g