- 3 medium beets
- 1 pound carrots, cut diagonally into ¼-inch-thick slices
- Olive oil no-stick cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon Dierbergs sugar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
Peel and trim beets; cut in half from stem to root. Place cut-side down; slice ½ inch thick.
Place beets and carrots in single layer on foil-lined jellyroll pan. Lightly coat with cooking spray and season with sugar, salt and pepper; toss until well mixed.
Roast in 450°F. oven stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
In small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; toss with hot vegetables until well mixed.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 254 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: N/A