- 2 pounds Dierbergs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mild enchilada sauce (divided)
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 fresh corn tortillas (about half of 19.6-ounce package) (Tortilla Land), cut into quarters
- 1 package (7.06 ounces) shredded Chihuahua cheese (divided)
- ½ cup grated sierra cotija cheese (Supremo)
- Dierbergs dairy sour cream
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into skillet; add onion and cook stirring occasionally until browned, about 10 minutes. Drain off any fat.
Spread ½ cup enchilada sauce in bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Add sauce remaining in can to cooked ground beef in skillet. Stir in olives, chiles, oregano, and cumin until well mixed.
Place 8 of the tortilla quarters slightly overlapping into bottom of prepared pan. Spread 2 cups of the ground beef mixture over tortillas and top with half of the shredded cheese. Layer 8 more tortilla quarters, 1 cup enchilada sauce, 2 cups ground beef mixture, and remaining shredded cheese. Top with 8 tortilla quarters, remaining enchilada sauce, and remaining ground beef mixture. Sprinkle cotija cheese over top.
Cover and and bake in 350°F. oven until heated through, about 20 minutes. Remove cover; bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Let stand 20 minutes.
Serve with sour cream.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 81 mg
Fat: 19 g
Sodium: 1188 mg
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 28 g
Saturated Fat: N/A