- 1 pound thick asparagus
- 1 wedge pecorino-romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated Meyer lemon peel
- ¼ cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dierbergs sugar
- ¼ cup Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shelled roasted and salted pistachios
Do not remove tough ends from asparagus spears. Place asparagus on cutting board; holding tough end of spear, draw vegetable peeler down each spear to make thin ribbons. Place asparagus ribbons in medium bowl; discard tough ends.
Holding pecorino cheese in palm of hand, draw vegetable peeler down cheese to make about ½ cup ribbons; add to asparagus in bowl.
In 2-cup glass measure, whisk together Meyer lemon peel and juice, vinegar, and sugar. Whisking vigorously, add olive oil in slow, steady stream until well blended. Pour half of the vinaigrette over asparagus; toss until well mixed.
Place asparagus mixture on serving platter; top with salt, pepper, pistachios, and remaining vinaigrette. Shave additional cheese over top.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 7 mg
Fat: 16 g
Sodium: 114 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: N/A