- 1 pound white-fleshed fish fillets (swai, tilapia, barramundi), thawed if frozen
- ⅔ cup Italian-seasoned panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup shredded asiago cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large Dierbergs egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 4 lemon wedges
Cut fish into serving-size pieces. In shallow dish, combine panko, asiago, and garlic. Dip fish into egg, then coat with crumbs.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook until fish is lightly browned and flakes easily with fork, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.
In 2-cup glass measure, combine wine, broth, cornstarch, lemon peel and juice; whisk until cornstarch dissolves.
Pour into skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat; cook stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
Stir in capers. Spoon over fish. Serve with lemon wedges.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 117 mg
Fat: 15 g
Sodium: 511 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 26 g
Saturated Fat: N/A