- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 large Dierbergs egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 wedge (8 ounces) smoked gouda cheese, shredded (2 cups) (divided)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (divided)
- Coarse salt
On lightly floured surface, roll one pastry sheet into 10 x 12-inch rectangle. Brush with egg mixture; sprinkle half of the gouda, parmesan, and red pepper flakes over one half of pastry.
Fold pastry in half to enclose filling; firmly roll into 7 x 14-inch rectangle. Cut pastry crosswise into ½-inch strips (total of 20 to 22 strips).
Twist strips and place on parchment-lined baking sheet, pressing down ends.
Brush tops with egg mixture; sprinkle coarse salt over top. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet and ingredients.
Bake in 400°F. oven until pastry is golden brown and puffed, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Serving Size: 1 cheese straw
Cholesterol: 7 mg
Fat: 6 g
Sodium: 149 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: N/A