- 2 medium homegrown eggplants (¾ pound each), halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (divided)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 pita bread, cut or torn into pieces and warmed
Brush cut-sides of eggplants with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
Place cut-side down on oiled grid over medium-high heat; cover and grill until lightly charred, about 2 to 3 minutes. Move to indirect heat; cover and grill until softened, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Cool slightly. Scoop flesh into work bowl of food processor fitted with steel knife blade. Add garlic, tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the parsley, smoked paprika, cumin, and salt; process until smooth. Season with additional salt.
Place in serving dish. Season with pepper; drizzle remaining tablespoon olive oil over top. Garnish with remaining parsley.
Serve at room temperature with warmed pita bread.
Serving Size: Per ¼ cup with 1 pita
Fat: 7 g
Sodium: 327 mg
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: N/A