- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 cups coarsely chopped cooked root vegetables;(carrots, parsnips, Brussels Sprouts, sweet potatoes, or combination)
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3½ cups water (divided)
- 1 cup polenta corn grits
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs butter
- 1 container (4 ounces) Dierbergs goat cheese crumbles
In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook stirring occasionally until onion wilts, about 2 minutes. Stir in cooked vegetables; cook stirring frequently until heated through.
Add taco seasoning and, ½, cup of the water; cook stirring frequently until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring remaining 3 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Quickly whisk in polenta and salt. Reduce heat to low; cook stirring occasionally until until tender, about 5 minutes. Whisk in butter until melted.
Immediately divide polenta among 6 plates; top with vegetables. Sprinkle cheese over tops.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Fat: 12 g
Sodium: 532 mg
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: N/A