- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup Dierbergs tomato paste
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 box (14.5 ounces) multigrain spaghetti
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Easy Oven Meatballs (see recipe link in Directions)
In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cover and cook stirring frequently until onion wilts, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, and broth; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Sauce can be made to this point 1 day in advance, or frozen for up to 1 month.)
Add cooked Easy Oven Meatballs; simmer until heated through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. Serve pasta with meatballs and sauce. Top with parmesan cheese.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 64 mg
Fat: 10 g
Sodium: 842 mg
Carbohydrates: 50 g
Protein: 35 g
Saturated Fat: N/A