- 1 Dierbergs Signature Choice Angus boneless beef tri-tip roast (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) Dierbergs Bakery Supremo Italiano Bread
- Sliced provel cheese
Rub Italian seasoning and pepper over roast.
In 12-inch oven-proof skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add roast; cook turning occasionally until browned on all sides.
Add broth, wine, and garlic; cover and roast in 350°F. oven until internal temperature is 140°F., about 20 to 25 minutes.
Place roast on cutting board, cover, and let stand 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
Place pan with drippings over medium-high heat; cook 10 minutes to reduce au jus.
Make slice lengthwise along top of bread, cutting to within ½ inch of bottom of bread. Carefully pull bread apart to make pocket. Place beef into pocket of bread and top with cheese.
Broil 6 inches from heat source until cheese is melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Cut sandwich into 6 pieces and serve with au jus.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 102 mg
Fat: 18 g
Sodium: 1182 mg
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Protein: 43 g
Saturated Fat: N/A