- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound)
- ¼ cup Dierbergs flour
- ½ teaspoon California garlic pepper
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 1 cup whole wheat or regular panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil no-stick cooking spray
- 1 container (16 ounces) Dierbergs Signature Marinara Sauce (divided)
- 1 ball (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 6 thin slices
- 1½ teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
Cut eggplant crosswise into 12 slices, each about ½-inch thick.
On sheet of waxed paper, combine flour and garlic pepper. Place egg substitute in shallow dish. In second shallow dish, combine panko and the ¼ cup parmesan.
Coat eggplant slices with flour mixture, dip into egg, then coat with panko mixture. Arrange slices in single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet; lightly coat each slice with cooking spray.
Bake in 400˚F. oven until tender, about 20 to 24 minutes.
Spread ¼ cup of the marinara sauce in bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with no-stick cooking spray. Place 6 of the eggplant slices in single layer over sauce. Top each slice with 1 slice mozzarella and 1 tablespoon marinara sauce. Add another layer of eggplant; top with remaining marinara sauce.
Bake in 400˚F. oven until sauce is bubbly and cheese begins to melt, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon parmesan over each eggplant stack.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Fat: 15 g
Sodium: 514 mg
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Protein: 14 g
Saturated Fat: N/A