- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs flour
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, diced
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large Dierbergs egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar
Unroll one pie crust onto lightly floured surface. Roll dough lightly to remove creases.
Use 4-inch round cutter to cut 8 rounds from crust, re-rolling dough once if needed. Arrange rounds on parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pie crust.
In medium bowl, stir together sugar and flour. Add berries, lemon peel, and lemon juice; gently toss until well mixed. Place generous tablespoon berry mixture on 8 of the pastry rounds.
Use pastry brush to coat edges of each pastry with beaten egg. Place remaining pastry rounds on top of berries. Use tines of fork to press pastry edges together to seal in berries. Brush tops of pies with beaten egg and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
Bake in 400°F. oven until light golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Cool on wire rack at least 15 minutes before serving (filling will be very hot). Best baked and served same day.
Serving Size: Per Hand Pie
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Fat: 9 g
Sodium: 210 mg
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: N/A