- 6 ears corn-on-the-cob, tassels and husks removed
- 2 tablespoons Dierbergs butter
- 1 leek, rinsed, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1½ cups peeled and diced Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, diced and cooked crisp
- Snipped fresh chives
Cut kernels from corn with serrated knife; reserve 2 of the corn cobs and discard remaining corn cobs.
In large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add leek; cook stirring often until softened, about 3 minutes. Add broth, potatoes, corn kernels, reserved corn cobs, and thyme; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard corn cobs. Stir in cream; season with salt and pepper.
Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish each with bacon and chives.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 78 mg
Fat: 29 g
Sodium: 1199 mg
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Protein: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g