- 1 cup Dierbergs granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed Dierbergs brown sugar
- ¼ cup pickling spice
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1½ tablespoons Salt for Pickling & Preserving
- 3 cups 5% acidity apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound zucchini (about 3 medium), sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
- 3 medium carrots, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 bag (10 ounces) pearl onions, peeled
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, or orange), quartered, seeded, and cut into ½-inch strips
- Pickle Crisp
In large saucepan, combine sugars, spices, salt, and vinegar over medium-high heat; bring to a boil stirring until sugars dissolve. Stir in vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally 15 minutes.
Divide vegetables along with hot liquid among hot pint canning jars, leaving ½-inch head space. Add ⅛ teaspoon Pickle Crisp to each jar. Remove air bubbles, clean jar rims, center lids on jar, and screw on rings.
Place jars in canning rack and lower into simmering water. Water must cover jars by 1 inch. Cover canner and bring water to rolling boil over medium-high heat; process 15 minutes. Turn off heat, remove cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
Remove jars from canner; do not retighten rings if loose. Let stand at room temperature 12 hours. Check seals and tighten rings. Label and store jars at room temperature.
Makes five 1-pint jars
Serving Size: Nutrition information not available.
Saturated Fat: N/A