- 1 tablespoon Dierbergs olive oil
- ½ cup minced onion
- ⅓ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Dierbergs milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 large Dierbergs egg, lightly beaten
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup lingonberry or black cherry preserves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook stirring often until onion wilts, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool completely. Reserve skillet.
In large bowl, stir together bread crumbs and milk. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in ground meats, cooled onion, egg, nutmeg, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place meatballs on foil-lined jellyroll pan that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. Bake in 400°F. oven, turning meatballs once, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine broth, cream, preserves, and cornstarch mixture in reserved skillet; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in cooked meatballs; cook stirring frequently until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 17 mg
Fat: 73 g
Sodium: 106 mg
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 15 g
Saturated Fat: N/A